Tuesday 16 October 2018

Let’s Get Ready To Rhumble



I exhibited at a small wedding fair on Sunday, a whole day talking to Brides and Grooms and explaining the service that I provide to them.

The standout point of discussion was how prepared I am.  It wasn’t until a visitor was so impressed that I realised how unusual this apparently is!

If you follow this blog, or any of my other platforms you’ll have seen “Justin Case”.  Justin is a tool box that goes to every single gig, and contains all the essentials that might be needed – which includes confetti, bottle openers, lighters, sewing kit, safety pins, tissues, plasters…well, you get the idea!



The main thing in Justin is the cake knife.  I DJ’d at a wedding once when the venue supplied a chef’s knife to cut the cake – one with a tatty white plastic handle!  The very next day I went out and bought a knife from John Lewis so that none of my Brides would ever be faced with that again!  Having used a sword at a military wedding, the knife is now joined by my own sword – so you have the choice of using it if you so desire!



What else?

The equipment comes in a large flight case, so rather than only carrying what I think I might need – I carry it all!  Extra lights, lots of power leads so that whatever the venue, I have the means to make it look good!  The flight case also has a complete CD player/mixer unit in it, so that at every event I have a back up mixer, back up CD player.







As standard I use a radio microphone – with a cabled back up – so that I can make announcements from anywhere in the room (and of course I carry spare batteries!) and the microphone can be used for speeches, by your own MC etc… There is also a sound monitor - Just In Case!


Recently I have started to use a laptop for my music – but until I am 100% certain of the reliability of the system I will continue to carry CD players (plus back up!) and CDs.

The van (Wolfgang) is covered by breakdown cover, is always driven the day before an event and also carries a tow rope and a battery charger – plus I have the 4x4 (Travis) for snowy days!

There is probably more – but I don’t really plan my “just in case” – I just do it as a standard!

Personal – Passionate – Professional



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding

Wedding
Elegant wedding set up at Stanbrook Abbey